AC Goatham & Son is delighted to support the Kent Literacy Awards 2017 and the deadline for entries is soon - by midday on 1st May 2017. Nominations are accepted from parents, pupils, teaching, support staff and management at primary and secondary schools in Kent, Medway and Bexley that showcase initiatives that develop reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
The aim of the awards is to celebrate what has worked well in the classroom and help spread that best practice across the county. A summary of all of the winning submissions will be published and circulated to every school in Kent, Medway and Bexley.
The categories are:
- Best Circle Time
- Best home reading initiative
- Most engaging writing topic
- Most effective use of IT to enhance writing
- Most effective use of IT to enhance reading
- Best initiative to encourage speaking and listening skills
- Best use of drama to promote writing, speaking and listening skills
- Best use of art or poetry
- Most successful programme for engaging pupils with English as second language
- Most engaging writing competition or theme
- Best use of cross curricular reading opportunities
- Best use of cross curricular writing
- Best promotion of reading for pleasure
- Best School Library
- Most inspiring book corner
- Most engaging book week theme
- Best reward scheme
- Best speaking competition or debating club
Carol Ford Commercial Director at AC Goatham & Son comments: "Developing good literacy skills early on in life are vital for ensuring a child gets the best out of their education and has the opportunity for a good job once they leave school. Literacy skills are important in every job, especially those here in the horticultural sector and we are very pleased to be involved with a project that promotes fantastic literacy schemes to ecnourage more learning."
For more information visit the Kent Literacy awards website or watch the short film below.