Join our family, join our team!
Recruitment of staff by AC Goatham & Son is, on occasion, outsourced to agencies. If you are applying for work via this website then no agency should be involved in the application.
If you apply via this website, with the help of an agency, and are given guarantees of work and/or contracts before arrival, the contract will not be upheld.
We do work with agencies such as Concordia, who also outsource recruitment. If you have applied for work with AC Goatham & Son via an agency and are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact Concordia who will verify the agency for you. www.concordia.org.uk
Label Printing Operative
Label Printing Operative:
We are looking for a Label Printing Operative to join our team in our Top Fruit pack houses in Kent The role is 5 days per week, 12 hour shift.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have knowledge of how to use Vector and Dataguard labelling systems
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team, as well as individually
- Be self-motivated and proactive
- Compare daily stock, with daily orders
- Calculate difference between stock and order
- Calculate the number of labels needed for the order and print
- Communicate with line leaders for the daily packing plan
- Check packed stock
- Eliminate the need for re-labelling stock
- At every variety change, collect all relevant labels and prepare labels for the next variety
- At the end of each day, check that any labels that are no longer of use are destroyed
- Where possible prepare labels for the next day
Fruit Packer - Season 2018/2019
Packing of apples and pears within our packhouses, in Hoo.
Basic levels of speaking English are required.
Experience not necessary, we offer on the job training.
** Please Note - Work Will Not Begin Until September **
We are now taking applications for Harvest 2018 - Please be aware that this work will not begin until August/September 2018.
Harvest - apple and pear harvesting by hand, working either as part of a team or individually.
Previous experience not necessary, but it is advantageous.
Basic levels of English are required.
**No Agencies Please**
We have several vacancies available within our Pack House for Palletising Operatives.
- Closing of packaging and manually placing packaging within crates.
- Manual lifting of crates from machine on to pallets.
- Separating packed crates and manually placing onto individual customer pallets.
- Breaking down pallets and manually moving crates to other customer pallets.
This is a very physical role which involves manual handling.
Due to expansion, we are looking for an experienced, self-motivated General Handyman to join our team.
You will perform a wide variety of general and semi-skilled work, including, but not limited to:
- Grass cutting/strimming
- Digging out & forming footpaths
- Ducting services on new installations
- Installing timber skirts around caravans
- Lagging water pipes
- General caravan maintenance
Knowledge of basics of basic carpentry would be beneficial.
Previous experience essential.
Must have a full, clean UK driving licence.
Work is based on several farms across Kent.
A C Goatham & Son are the largest family run fruit farmer in the UK. Due to continual expansion we have a fantastic opportunity for Full Time Tractor Drivers.
The successful applicants must have a full UK driving licence
- Reporting to the farm manager you will be responsible for tractor driving, field work and maintenance of equipment.
- To carry out a range of tractor operations
- Carrying out any other tasks as requested by your manager
- Candidate to be flexible and committed to ensuring the demands are met
- Good level of English communication and written skills
- Good time keeping and punctuality
- Experience preferred but training will be given
- Immediate start for the right applicants
In return we will offer the right candidate a good rate of pay, with overtime available, confirmed at interview.
** No Agencies please**
** Past Applicants need not apply**
HGV C+E and D (PSV) Driver
We are currently looking for HGV Drivers to join our Team at our Hoo Depot based in Kent.
Suitable applicaticants need to be flexible, hardowrking, have good communication skills.
Applicants must have a full, clean, HGV C+E and D (PSV) licence.
Prevoius experience would be preferred.
Valid Driver Qualification Card (DCPC) is essential.
Forklift Licence would be advantageous.
** No Agencies Please **