Join our family, join our team!
Recruitment of staff by AC Goatham & Son is, on occasion, outsourced to agencies. If you are applying for work via this website then no agency should be involved in the application.
If you apply via this website, with the help of an agency, and are given guarantees of work and/or contracts before arrival, the contract will not be upheld.
We do work with agencies such as Concordia, who also outsource recruitment. If you have applied for work with AC Goatham & Son via an agency and are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact Concordia who will verify the agency for you. www.concordia.org.uk
Label Printing Operative
Label Printing Operative:
We are looking for a Label Printing Operative to join our team in our Top Fruit pack houses in Kent The role is 5 days per week, 12 hour shift.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have knowledge of how to use Vector and Dataguard labelling systems
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team, as well as individually
- Be self-motivated and proactive
- Compare daily stock, with daily orders
- Calculate difference between stock and order
- Calculate the number of labels needed for the order and print
- Communicate with line leaders for the daily packing plan
- Check packed stock
- Eliminate the need for re-labelling stock
- At every variety change, collect all relevant labels and prepare labels for the next variety
- At the end of each day, check that any labels that are no longer of use are destroyed
- Where possible prepare labels for the next day
We are now taking applications for Harvest 2018 - Please be aware that this work will not begin until August/September 2018.
Harvest - apple and pear harvesting by hand, working either as part of a team or individually.
Previous experience not necessary, but it is advantageous.
Basic levels of English are required.
**No Agencies Please**
HGV C+E and D (PSV) Driver
We are currently looking for HGV Drivers to join our Team at our Hoo Depot based in Kent.
Suitable applicaticants need to be flexible, hardowrking, have good communication skills.
Applicants must have a full, clean, HGV C+E and D (PSV) licence.
Prevoius experience would be preferred.
Valid Driver Qualification Card (DCPC) is essential.
Forklift Licence would be advantageous.
** No Agencies Please **
We have several vacancies available within our Pack House for Palletising Operatives.
- Closing of packaging and manually placing packaging within crates.
- Manual lifting of crates from machine on to pallets.
- Separating packed crates and manually placing onto individual customer pallets.
- Breaking down pallets and manually moving crates to other customer pallets.
This is a very physical role which involves manual handling.
Due to expansion we have a fantastic opportunity for full time/energetic, forward thinking person in supporting our Farm Manager in the day to day running of our Farm in Kent.
The successful applicant must be able to:
Closing Date: 11th May 2018
**No Agencies please**
Due to expansion we are looking to recruit an experienced Agricultural Farm Fitter to add to our existing team. The ideal candidate will have experience of maintenance and repair work of equipment as well as knowledge of servicing diesel engines, there will also be times when you will be required to assist in the workshop. Competency in welding and fabrication techniques would be advantageous.
This role is a permanent position with an immediate start for the right application, predominantly based in Sittingbourne but will be required to travel to all our sites covering Kent. A full driving licence is essential and you must be comfortable in working within a farming-based organization and be prepared to work outside. The successful candidate must have a good work ethic and be interested in turning out quality workmanship, be able to action all repairs and breakdowns as per company procedures and ensure that workshop housekeeping and health and safety are maintained to a high standard.
Closing Date: 27th April 2018
**No Agencies please**