With a glut of summer vegetables, why not try something different with this delicious and tasty soup.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 150g potato cut into small cubes
- 200g sweetcorn
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- 50ml double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh herbs, finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil with the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and once melted add the garlic, onion and potato and sauté for five minutes, until soft.
- Add the sweetcorn and cook for two minutes.
- Next add the stock, bring to the boil, reducing to a simmer for five minutes, until the potato is cooked.
- Stir in the cream and season to taste, then pour into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- To serve, pour into a bowl and garnish a sprinkle of fresh herbs.