Green Bean and tomato salad
Two summer vegetables combine beautifully for a light, healthy summer salad.
- 2 tbs finely chopped shallot
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 500gms green beans, ends trimmed
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Finely chopped flat leaf parsley leaves and stems
Mix up a simple vinaigrette made with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and shallots. Pour it over crisp blanched green beans and sweet halved cherry tomatoes, stir in some parsley, and serve with any fish or meat dish for a delicious meal this summer or perfect for picnics, with a slice of quiche.