6-8 ripe pears, peeled and chopped into chunks
30-50g of caster sugar
1 tbsp plain flour
60g toasted sliced almonds
150g plain flour
80g caster sugar
80g cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
Pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Toast the almonds in a frying pan for a few minutes until golden, then allow to cool.
2. For the fruit base put the chopped pears, sugar and tablespoon of flour into an ovenproof dish mixing together.
3. For the topping put the almonds, flour, sugar, salt, butter and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Work the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbly and a breadcrumb-like texture.
4. Scatter the crumble topping over the fruit.
5. Bake for 35 mins in a preheated oven until golden and crisp on top at 180C/gas mark 5.