A delicious and easy curry which serves two people.
Tsp fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp garam masala
1 chicken stock cube
1 Bramley apple
A handful of fresh coriander
150g white basmati rice
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
400ml boiling water
1. Turn your oven to 200°C / Gas 6. Peel and chop the celeriac into small 1 cm chunks. Place in a roasting dish and season. Toss with ½ tbsp oil and roast for 10 mins
2. Peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic. Halve the chilli and discard the seeds and finely chop it. Put all into a bowl and mix with garam masala and turmeric to form a paste.
3. Add the stock cube to 400ml boiling water and mix with the paste.
4. Peel and core the apple and grate it. Finely chop the coriander leaves and stalks and set aside.
5. After the celeriac has roasted for 10 mins, remove it from the oven and stir in the grated apple. Sit the chicken breasts on top and pour over the stock mixture and return it to the oven and roast for a further 25 mins.
6. Cook the rice as per the instructions.
7. Remove the chicken from the oven and set aside, covering to keep warm. Put the celeriac and apple into a food processor with any remaining stock. Blitz to a smooth purée with the coriander stalks. Serve with the rice and chicken. Scatter over the coriander leaves.